I'm feeling HOT, HOT, HOT!
So I have no idea why the font size was so large yesterday. Anyway, it is ridiculously hot here. I think I sweated for most of the day. This morning we took the Tube to the Westminster stop. We had a guide that took us around Pariament (this is not the proper name of the this building, it is actually the Palace of Westminster), Westminster Abbey (we couldn't go in because they were having services), Big Ben (which is the bell, not the clock and we heard it ring at 10 am), Whitehall, some special guards on horses (apparently Prince Harry has just joined them and soon should be out on his horse standing guard there!), The Mall (to watch the beginning of the changing of the guard) and by Buckingham Palace (to watch the end of the changing of the guard). At the end of the tour, we were free to go and do whatever. A group of us decided to eat lunch, since we were famished by that point. We ate at this shop called Pret a Manager. They are these sandwhich places that are cheap and good. Then we decided to go to Camden Market. It was and adventure of sorts because there is usually a direct tube route from where we were, but it is closed for engineering. The tube workers are really nice and helpful. We had to change lines like 3 times, but we got there. It is a cool, outdoor market. Mary told us before we went not to be put off by people with spikey hair and lots of piercing. She was right! We stayed for about an hour, but we were too hot, plus we had seen everything we wanted to see. We took the tube back. One of the places we had to switch lines at is Kings' Cross. We took a quick detour up to Platform 9 and 3/4. It was pretty sweet! I, of course, took several photos! Then we went back to our flats; I decided to rinse off and lay down for a bit, which turned into 3 hours. It was amazing! My roommates and I went to a pub that is just down the road for dinner. The burgers were good and juicy and the cider wasn't bad either.
Last night, we went to a pub that was about a 10 minute walk from our flat. Jenna and I split a shanti (I don't know how to spell it)--it is half beer, half lemonade. It was really sweet. The pubs close at like 11 pm, but that was fine with me. Tonight is a reading night to get ready for class tomorrow. Tuesday we go to Oxford.
If you want to use Google Earth, we have our classes in a building that is owned by Florida State University. ACCENT (It is a company that coordinates everything for us) has their office here. The address is 99 Great Russell Street, London. Our flats are a 25 minute walkk, just off Farringdon Road, at 4-7 Crawford Passage, London. The British Museum is right down the street from where we have classes. We are right on the edge of the financial district and central London. The tube and bus are close, although, I haven't quite gotten the buses figured out yet.
If you want a postcard, either email or post (in a comment) your address, since I forgot to write them down. Love you all!
1 Comments:
Hi Honey: What an incredible time you are having. Glad you are getting to see and do so much. I'm sure it is amazing to see the Royalty. All is good here, just hot. Keep up the great info.
Think and be smart, while you are out and about.
Love you. Aunt Bebe
Post a Comment
<< Home